According to local newspapers (Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel), a Comcast worker was bitten by a green mamba snake. He was bitten in the leg and was paralyzed in his right side immediately after the bite. People licensed to keep or sell green mamba snakes in the area have been contacted in order to find out if any green mambas have escaped captivity lately.
Although the green mamba is the least toxic of the mamba snakes, any bite from a mamba is potentially deadly and can cause serious harm.
In South Africa, a 39-year-old man was bit by a green mamba snake in Umdloti. Normally, a green mamba will get away as soon as it perceives a person, but in this case, the green mamba snake apparently had been caught in a pay phone, where it was curled up and trapped. Accidently, this guy walks in and is bitten.
In another incidence in South Africa, a farmer was bitten by a black mamba three times after he drove over it with his tractor. It bit him in his jacket. Luckily, the snake's fang couldn't penetrate his jacket.
A Scottish businessman, by the name of Garrick Wales, apparently died after being bit by a black mamba. He had ordered a package of snakes from a dealer in Florida and was bitten while he was opening the package.
Walking through a dense bush, a 44-year-old man was bitten by a green mamba. He became so terrified that he tried to remove the wound area with his teeth. However, that caused the poison to spread throughout his body. He was able to walk 3 kilometers (2 miles) to a nearby clinic where he was already hallucinating on arrival. Paramedics were able to stabilize his condition, and he survived.
A soldier from Northern Ireland was bitten by a black mamba snake (BBC News, UK) during a training mission. He received immediate treatment and was rushed to a hospital in Nairobi for further treatment. Doctors ascribed his survival to his physical fitness.
A canoe marathon participant was bitten by a black mamba. He was portaging his canoe when a black mamba struck and bit him. He was quickly transferred to a hospital, where doctors had to put him in a coma and on a respirator for a few days. He survived.